Your chance to win fantastic prizes in the 2012 Summer Awards!
The rules are simple and, like everything else at LumberJocks, there’s no fee to enter. The best part of this competition? There will be no designated jury of experts. You and your fellow LumberJocks will cast the votes. This creates a truly democratic voting process from our exceptional woodworking community. (See below for information on the rules and point system.)
Personal Picnic Butler – Summertime means outdoor eating and outdoor eating often means having a plate and a beverage in hand and no where to set them down - until now! Build your version of a "personal picnic butler", some type of plate and beverage holder for outdoor eating. Perhaps it sticks in the ground or maybe it is a table for one; perhaps it hangs from a tree branch or .. well, there are lots of possibilities! Be sure to include a photo of the butler in action.
- Winner - $500 Cash Prize
- Runner-Up - $200 Cash Prize
- Five Winners (random draw) - LumberJocks t-shirt
Cash prize winners must be able to accept the PayPal payment.
- You may enter one project.
- By entering, you verify that your entry is your own creation (Note: LJ.com is
NOT responsible for monitoring authenticity).
- Entry opens on July 1, 2012 at 6 AM and ends on July 31, 2012 at 3 PM CDT.
- Voting opens on August 1, 2012 at 6 AM and ends on August 7, 2012 at 3 PM CDT.
- Each vote must list top five entries in order. You cannot vote for your own entry. (Note: When you sign in to vote, you will not see your own entry listed.)
- You are allowed to vote only if you have at least one project listed on the LumberJocks.com.
- You can vote only once.
- Top woodworkers will be those with the highest point scores following the voting system. (See point system below.)
- Award recipients will be required to provide their mailing address in order to receive their Award gifts.
- Results will be announced on August 8, 2012 at 3 PM CDT.
- Points will be assigned to each vote cast with the following values:
- 1st place: 5 points
- 2nd place: 4 points
- 3rd place: 3 points
- 4th place: 2 points
- 5th place: 1 point
- The Winner will be the member with the entry with the highest points in that category.
- In case of a tie, the top honors will be given to the member with the most 1st place votes and if there is still a tie, the highest number of 2nd place will be the determining factor, and so on.
LumberJocks.com reserves the right to amend the rules at any time in case unanticipated circumstances arise.
LumberJocks.com is not responsible for authenticity of entries and/or voting outcome.