10 Chances to win fantastic prizes in the 2009 Summer Awards!
The rules are simple and, like everything else at LumberJocks, there’s no fee to enter. The best part of this competition? There will be no designated jury of experts. You and your fellow LumberJocks will cast the votes. This creates a truly democratic voting process from our exceptional woodworking community. (See below for information on the rules and point system.)
LumberJock Garden Bench – Whether you live in an apartment or on a grand estate a garden bench is the perfect place to sit, relax, and savour life's gifts. Create the ideal bench for your outside environment and join our Summer Awards! Be sure to describe why you selected the design and show us the finished product in its new home.
- 1st place - 5-Piece Picture Frame Bit Set & Build-A-Box Value Package by Eagle America
- 2nd place - Archive DVDs by Fine Woodworking
- 3rd place - Stock Electric Branding Iron by Custom Branding Iron
- 4th place - SkilSaw by Skil
- 5th place - Home Run Four Pack by Major League Woodworking
- 6th place - BowlSaw by Steussy Creations
- 7th place - $75 Certificate by Lee Valley
- 8th place - Lit-ion Power Cutter by Skil
- 9th place - Lit-ion Screwdriver by Skil
- 10th place - $25 Certificate by Lee Valley
Not everyone can be "the best" but everyone do try their best, for this reason Passion for Wood will offer one random winner their wonderful set of DVD's to help you learn more about the art of woodworking!
- You may enter one project.
- By entering, you verify that your entry is your own creation (Note: LJ.com is
NOT responsible for monitoring authenticity).
- Entry opens on July 1, 2009 at 6 AM and ends on July 31, 2009 at 3 PM CDT.
- Voting opens on August 1, 2009 at 6 AM and ends on August 7, 2009 at 3 PM CDT.
- Each vote must list top five entries in order. You cannot vote for your own entry. (Note: When you sign in to vote, you will not see your own entry listed.)
- You are allowed to vote only if you have at least one project listed on the LumberJocks.com.
- You can vote only once.
- Top woodworkers will be those with the highest point scores following the voting system. (See point system below.)
- Award recipients will be required to provide their mailing address in order to receive their Award gifts.
- Results will be announced on August 8, 2009 at 6 AM CDT.
- Points will be assigned to each vote cast with the following values:
- 1st place: 5 points
- 2nd place: 4 points
- 3rd place: 3 points
- 4th place: 2 points
- 5th place: 1 point
- The Winner will be the member with the entry with the highest points in that category.
- In case of a tie, the top honors will be given to the member with the most 1st place votes and if there is still a tie, the highest number of 2nd place will be the determining factor, and so on.
LumberJocks.com reserves the right to amend the rules at any time in case unanticipated circumstances arise.
LumberJocks.com is not responsible for authenticity of entries and/or voting outcome.