Compressed Air Injury
A machine operator in a woodworking plant covered with sawdust decided to clean himself off with compressed air. He held the nozzle 12” from the palm of his left hand. When he opened the nozzle the air, under 80 pounds of pressure, struck and entered his hand. Before he realized what had happened, his arm had blown up as big as a grapefruit and was shooting pain – from fingertips to shoulders. He had excruciating pain in his head and a feeling that the top of his head was about to be blown off. This feeling was so real and the pain so intense that when help arrived, he was actually trying to hold the top of his head in place.
The surgeon said it might have been worse. Had the air forced its way into the blood stream, it would have made its way to the very small blood vessels of the brain causing a clot, which would have burst the vessels and caused death.
i copied this from the net , but i have actually seen this happen a few years ago . a work mate was blowing chips from his hand and hit a small cut on his finger and it blew up like a balloon . i had just read an article about the very same thing so i took him into the nurses office to read the article because he didnt believe me .after that happened i made sure everyone read that article . it dont take much air to kill you so please wipe your hands instead.