The crib is almost done, and has been for awhile. I started work on the crib before joining lumberjocks. I have one more coat of finish to apply to the side rails.
I ended up using a 1/4” roundover router bit for most of the edges. I’m not sure how my joinery will hold up. I am not setup to do mortise and tenons yet, and used glue and biscuits for the head and foot board. I think having the large ash boards running horizontally will keep everything stable. We will see how it holds up!
The large side rail
The small side rail
Headboard and footboard. Ash runs horizontally and sassafras runs vertically.
Partially assembled! Plus, a bonus photobomb from my dog, Dozer.