|Workshop by Alin Dobra||posted 10-04-2007 04:06 AM||2902 reads||0 times favorited||5 comments|
click the marker to see the address
My workshop is a two car garage that I took over completely (about 400sf). Since I do woodworking as a hobby, I find it convenient that the workshop is just steps away from my house so I can switch between being a dad/husband to being a woodworker within seconds.
I did manage to cram in a lot of things in the garage. My largest tools are:
1. A Grizzly Contractor table saw (I really like it actually and, especially with good dust collection).
2. A router table that I build (roughly inspired from Norm Abram’s design but better suited for my needs)
3. A 14” Jet bandsaw with resawing block (11.25” capacity now)
4. Grizzly 16” lathe for woodturning
5. Grizzly 8” jointer (the parallelogram kind).
Some of the most useful things I built for the workshop are a lumber storage rack (I can store about 200bf on it and I plan to use the top for a miter saw table) and a workbench. Recently I built a small workbench for my son as well.
I also own lots of hand tools and some small power tools.
-- -- Alin Dobra, Gainesville, Florida