This is the first project that I’m working on since I’ve joined LJ’s and thought, “Hey, I’ll journal the whole thing on here and get some input from people…”. So that’s what I’m doing. I wanted to try my hand at Osage Orange, as I’ve seen some cool things done with it before and wanted a challenge, from what I hear it’s very hard and dense. I couldn’t find any locally, so I went to Bell Forest Products website and picked some out there. Well, it has arrived! In the past I’ve been very frustrated with expansion and contraction in wood in my shop, the humidity varies drastically, so I’m going to be storing the wood in the house between working sessions; hopefully that helps. So, here it is stickered. I’m going to let it sit for about a week to acclimate before I get going. I did a few trials to see what style my wife would like the most and it came out to be this one.
So, in about a week, I’ll start squaring and cutting things down to size!
-- Andy, PA ~Finding satisfaction in creation