• Advertise with us
Blog entry by T. D. Reid posted 03-12-2012 12:02 PM 6811 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Yesterday I assembled the foot and head boards on the Arts and Crafts Twin size bed. What a tedious job that turned out to be with 15 stiles on each. I had a clamping plan that didn’t workout very well on the foot board and I re-evaluated my plan when I did the head board and the new plan seemed a little better and it did go smoother. It’s just the fact that there are a lot of pieces that have to go together all at the same time. I think that the Queen size Arts and Craft bed that is my upcoming build should go better. Even though there are more stiles they go directly into a mortise, not fit into a rabbit with spacers like on the twin size.
I have to set the knock down rail assembly hardware into the legs and rails today with shallow mortises. I also need to come up with a bed knob solution for the legs to hide the currently exposed joint that I used to show QSWO on all four sides.
To finish it all off I have to touch up the finish from where I did the assembly yesterday it got minor nicks and scratches. Nothing really major to cover up and it will be completed. Cheers

-- Head to the shop its calling you – Todd

0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics