You’ll forgive me for not making a Sketchup of this part. Scraps from the hoard plus casters from an HF furniture dolly. Gives the project a theoretical 1000# capacity – for when I start machining tungsten and depleted uranium, I gue...
|View Gary's:||home||workshop||projects (0)||blog (7)||reviews (0)||forum topics (0)||buddies (0)||favorites (1)||activity log|
None so far
48 posts in 1510 days
Location: Space Coast
Medicare eligible retired AF Lt Colonel. (Never got muddy boots - I was a helluva paper shuffler)
Hack when it comes to woodworking.
Blown away by many of the projects posted on LJ
Cheers from sunny Florida!
-- Cheers -- g
Latest Activity | view all »
|commented on||More Shop Drawers||04-30-2016 04:47 PM|
|commented on||Systainer Table Saw = Sawtainer||04-07-2016 05:08 PM|
|replied on||mobile base for a 900 lb planer||11-27-2015 04:06 AM|
|commented on||"Strength In Numbers"||10-22-2015 06:57 PM|
|commented on||Colibri: an organic motion sculpture||10-07-2015 03:58 AM|
|commented on||Shelves for my daughters first place||08-18-2015 03:49 PM|
|commented on||Adirondack Beach Chair in African Mahogany||08-17-2015 03:20 PM|
|replied on||Trying to make a crate that'll hold 6 tons||07-21-2015 10:59 PM|
|commented on||Boxes ... made super fast with new Invention||05-14-2015 12:38 AM|
|commented on||Wall Mounted Panel Saw||03-28-2015 01:31 AM|
|commented on||Work Bench Phone Holder||01-09-2015 03:53 PM|
|commented on||windsor chair after 10 days||08-14-2014 05:03 PM|
|commented on||Glued up, Laminated, Sculpted, OSB, Rocker Build||03-08-2014 03:20 PM|
|commented on||Cam Clamps||01-24-2014 06:01 PM|
|commented on||My first Adirondack Chair out of a wine barrel.||01-24-2014 05:48 PM|
None so far
Latest Blog Entries | view all 7 »
I decided to liberate the guts of the original Craftsman shop vac and replace the body with another chlorine bucket to make the entire package more compact. After all, the whole point of this exercise is so the main shop vac body sees very little...
Cut out the inside of a bucket lid, slip the cyclone into it, glue the two together with some leftover caulk. Bob’s my uncle.
Okay, this isn’t all that beautiful but it seems to work. I roughly sliced off the end of a piece of 1-1/2” PVC I had lying around, and roughly cut a hole in the side of the bucket. After epoxying the two together, I faired the end o...
The three bucket lids I used were mismatched to the buckets I had, but this led me to slice off the threaded part of the lids and rely on friction, gravity, and suction to maintain the structural integrity. It turns out this is quite sufficient a...