Been awhile since my last post on this project but I’ve been doing more shop time and less computer time.
The router table core is completed more or less I did make a few mistakes but they can be touched up and filled in. This part of this project is cruical for me since this In my mind Is the hardest part of the build so I wanted to do it first. I had to start with a precise measure for the finger hole for the 2 templates.
Then a pattern guide was centered for use of my 1/2” pattern bit,
I had to drill 4 holes in the four corners and used a jig saw to cut out the blast pocket. A 1/4 piece of hardboard was fabed to fit the opening.
I had to chisel out a 1/4 grove is the side for the blast pocket cover to slide into. The cover is used for table core alignment later.
I forgot to photo there router insert plate but the process was tricky with my template I used Kregg joints for the pattern and the router base kept getting hung up on the uneven pockets. but it turned out fairly ok I did have to add some FH screws to the lip to get the plate flush with the table core surface.
This template also was a tad uneven my blunder not sanding it down and using more carpet tape on one pass the template shifted 1/2 to the left and one of my tracks has a slight boo-boo.
The fence fold down table had to be attached,
Here we go a photo with the FH screws for leveling and the dado i used on the TS i cut for the miter track. I did not like the fack that mdf does not seem to stay uniform in thickness I had a devil of a time with the chisel and scraper getting the miter track to lay flat.
Finished Table core :
I broke my fence base for the third time and I’ve learned you have to pre-drill all mdf of it will split… good grief…
So went on to the cabinet base feet the plans dont call for the pocket hole bracers on the top , but after the failed attemps on the fence fabrication i was not taking any chance for the base system.
Got the cabinet sides and shelf holes drilled, Also got my the rest of my rabbets cut on the cabinets but i made a insert plate from scatch prior to the cutting,
Also dry fitted and assembled the center cabinet that holds the 3 drawers still need to get photo’s yet.
Got the cabinet base painted,drawers built and installed, and table core mounted. I still as yet need to instal the router to the base,build the fence assembly, and the aux fence support but It’s come along slowly but I am nealy done.
-- "If the Universe is Infinite, Then all dreams are real."