I did say that things would slow down!
This stage, for me, has been the most difficult so far. The books I’m following recommended gluing the purfling to the binding before bending them together on the bending iron. I found that to be disastrous, I (or the wood) suffered splitting, delamination of the black, white, black purfling and twisting. Oh what a mess! So I went back to what I’d thought would be the easiest before I read the books! Bend ‘em separately!
First picture shows the steps being cut with the router. I taped some very fine ‘wedges’ on the router base to account for the rounding of the guitar’s top and bottom. The angle varies around the perimeter so I took an average (sort of).
And then I realised too late that there was some ‘slogger’ in the router base set-up, so the depth of the channel varied more that it should. I could rout out the back bindings and re-do it all, but it’s at the back & Mrs YS suggests I move on and use it as a lesson for my next one!
I cut an old push-bike inner tube round and round to produce some very handy rubber strip that worked admirably to ‘clamp’ whilst gluing.
Couldn’t wait to attack it all with the card scraper…
-- Res severa verum gaudium - True pleasure is a serious business. http://www.folksy.com/shops/TreeGems