Well after about four months I finely get a chance to make use of my shop. I have begun to work on my jewelry box once again. I started in january and got distracted by the huge shop renovation. Well here it is. I believe that it turned out better than expected. This was my fist attempt at veneering and I think that I did very well. It turned out great. I fist took a peice of poplar and milled it flat and then used two peices of 1/4 ply to work as calls and put about ten diffrent types of clamps to hold it down really tight. After that I planned the edges and then jointed them perfectly flat. Then just riped and cutted them to size. I hade to make a dado in the edge peices to exept the maple veneer. I just used my regular blade and cut one side, then fliped it over to cut the other side. When that was all down I cut the Oak edge peices to size with a 45 degree miter. After a ton of messing around with it I actually got it to be 45 degrees. I had my miter gage set wrong on my tablesaw and it screwed up so I had to make a new cut on each one just a tiny bit shorter. The last step was to bevel the edges. I simply beveled my bandsaw table, and cut the peices that way because it was to dangerous of a cut to do on my tablesaw. Then I just planned those faces so they would be flat and did a dry fit. Here is the result.
Please note that the miters will go together once clamped and glued. Right now everything is kind of sloppy and needs a little work. The sides are just taped together so I can lift it up.
-- Tyler, Illinois