So this is actually the second posting about the same blog but like it mentioned in the first blog, this I actually the first blog on as a member of this site so I didn’t know how the series thing work…I think I have it figured out.
So…as I talked about in the first blog I was unsure of the route I wanted to take, either do my shop remodel to update my small shop and make it more of a workable comfortable space but since I am lacking the funds to do it all in one time I was contemplating whether to do that first or make a few projects to sell to help fund my remodel. I had some pretty good feed back and advice that I really appreciated and will follow that advice and do my remodel in small stages rather then one big project. This will be a little lighter on the wallet and overall help me be more effective in the shop.
So hear it goes….as you can see from the before and after, or not so much after because it not finished so Ill just say before and during. I didn’t do a lot, basically I am moving and my bins up and eventually my assembly table with be going underneath this. I decided to make more of a solid unit to hold all of my bin boxes and add some dividers at the end of it for some of my larger power tools. I made this all out of MDF. All the dividers are dadoed (which by the ended was quite draining, a total of 36 dados) and the end I made 1/8 slots an inch apart with hardboard dividers so I could adjust down the road for different tools, this part was a little draining(total of 48 slot I had to cut).
Overall Im pretty happy how it turned out. I will continue on from here and just work my way around my shop to make everything else a little more user friendly and if I did this series the right way I will keep it updated with my progress. Thanks for reading talk to you all soon!!!
-- measure once, cut twice...swear repeatedly