You can probably guess, given the time lapse between this post and my last one, that following the decision to redo the parquetry panel I did loose a bit of momentum on this project.
However, I did cut a second marquetry panel and I am back on track.
I made a few changes from the first version. I adjusted the size to better fit the top of the oar. One of the things I did not like about the first version was my choice to use dyed blue veneer for the sky and the cartoon like clouds. This time I choose natural wood colours and I like this much better. I decided not to add the rope. Finally I framed the picture with a thin walnut border. The edges of the panel are oak veneer to match the oak oar. Here is the new panel along side the picture I based it on.
I’m much happier with this version and I feel the colour choices compliment the chair much better than version one.
On to final assembly of the legs to the seat and glueing the veneer panel to the back.
Thanks for stopping by.
-- Peter, Woodbridge, Ontario