Last time was the mortises and now the tenons. I had a pretty rough time getting these cut. The biggest issue was getting the shoulders straight all the way around. The first technique was with a router and a jig.
For the flat.
For the edge.
Having never worked with such large joints, this turned out to be incredibly tedious and I couldn’t get the shoulders to line up. I tried table saw, hand saw…. wasn’t working. So, needed a new tool.
I also sharpened up my chisels and block plane. This is the first time I’ve really used hand tools for fitting. Turned out to be a life saver.
Eventually I gave up on the router and switched to the bandsaw, using hand tools for all the fitting.
With everything lined up!
Drew out the top lines.
Cut on bandsaw.
Sand to Shape.
Pretty top curves.
Now we have a Frame!
-- Christ was a carpenter...a fact that humbles and inspires me.