After some discussion on diagonal bracing, I decided to go with 3/4 inch diagonals that fit flush with the rails behind the back of the panels. The diagonals were to be put in compression. After another trip to the lumberyard and dimensioni...
|View WoodHoarder's:||home||workshop||projects (11)||blog (11)||reviews (0)||forum topics (2)||buddies (1)||favorites (26)||activity log|
66 posts in 1744 days
Location: Orange, CA
Working on my new career for when I retire. Only 30 years to go....
-- Christ was a carpenter...a fact that humbles and inspires me.
Latest Activity | view all »
|added blog entry||Cedar Driveway Gate #11: Diagonals||11-15-2016 04:56 AM|
|added blog entry||Cedar Driveway Gate #10: Vertical Slats||11-15-2016 04:31 AM|
|commented on||Cedar Gate||08-25-2016 03:27 PM|
|added blog entry||Cedar Driveway Gate #9: Chamfer, Channel, Weep Holes, and Drawbore||08-21-2016 05:46 AM|
|replied on||Avoiding Sagging-Design Critique||08-20-2016 03:39 AM|
|replied on||Avoiding Sagging-Design Critique||07-03-2016 01:34 AM|
|replied on||ROUTERS||06-28-2016 06:57 PM|
|replied on||Newbie Relief Carving Clean Up Question||06-28-2016 05:56 PM|
|replied on||Avoiding Sagging-Design Critique||06-28-2016 05:44 PM|
|started topic||Avoiding Sagging-Design Critique||06-26-2016 09:02 PM|
|commented on||Cedar Driveway Gate #8: Tenons and Some Details||06-26-2016 08:43 PM|
|added blog entry||Cedar Driveway Gate #8: Tenons and Some Details||06-23-2016 05:15 AM|
|replied on||Google Search Question||06-20-2016 05:17 PM|
|added blog entry||Cedar Driveway Gate #7: Cutting the Mortises||06-12-2016 08:04 PM|
|added blog entry||Cedar Driveway Gate #6: Whats in an arc||05-30-2016 05:57 AM|
Latest Projects | view all 11 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 11 »
I decided to go with pre-milled tongue and groove slats from the lumberyard. They came in 10ft lengths so they were cut to length on the miter saw. The backs were really rough so I ran them through the planer. The channels were a lit...
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted on this project to I’d like to catch up with the progress. Last time I posted, another lumberjock mentioned a concern with a lack of diagonal bracing. I’ve been seriously looking into alte...
Last time was the mortises and now the tenons. I had a pretty rough time getting these cut. The biggest issue was getting the shoulders straight all the way around. The first technique was with a router and a jig. For the flat. For t...
Now that everything is laid out flat and square, the mortises need to be cut. I used to have a desktop version of the mortiser. The full size powermatic makes the job much easier. Final cleanup with the hammer and chisel. Next...