Well, I realize it’s been quite some time since the last post, and there’s a good reason. My wife and I moved out of the condo we were renting and into our very first house. We’re crazy excited to be home owners, but there have been quite a few challenges.
We got a good price in a nice area of a decent part of the country, but our new home needs work. We got the painting done, replaced some flooring, and put in a dishwasher.
That was the easy stuff.
Right now I’m in the middle of the challenge of ripping out all of my old trim, and staining, finishing, and installing a little over five hundred linear feet of new trim for every door, window, and baseboard. The biggest advantage I have is that the new house came with a garage. A two and a half car garage. A detached two and a half car garage.
Needless to say, we park on the driveway.
Now that I’ve got a few hundred more square feet from the 9’ x 17’ one car garage (with two outlets and a single light bulb), I’ve got the space to do it. Unfortunately I’m running into challenged, such as a really dusty atmosphere, not enough saw horses, and having to spray finish right to the floor. I hadn’t anticipated just how many little particles would float up into the air and land directly on the trim I had just spray finished.
Anyway, pictures to come in the next blog post, both for the shop and for the trim.
Thanks for reading,