Here is my wagon vise. It is pretty standard in that I used a Lee-Nielsen vise screw. The innovative part is using 8” full-extension drawer glides to ensure smooth travel.
Here is an over all look from the bottom of the bench with the chop not yet installed. You can see I used some spacers between the chop and the drawer glide; I did this in the hope that I can keep some of the debris from interferring with the glide mechanism. You can see that I set up the wagon vise opening in line with the leg. This should allow for better stability if I clamp a long piece.
Here it is with the chop installed. It took a bit of fine tuning to get it to run smoothly.
I found that the chop when fully extended was a bit weak in the vertical dimension. I was afraid that any pounding on a clamped item would bend the mechanism. So, I installed some hardwood runners to carry the load.
This picture might show better how the runners limit the movement of the chop.
Although the bench is upside down still, here you can see the whole assembly with the screw and chop in place.
I don’t know yet how this system will work…I haven’t tried it under the strain of an actual project. I will let you know how it holds up. I expect it will be just fine…the drawer glides really just take the place of the traditional wooden runners.