Added the microchips (1) 74hc595 and (1) uln2003a per digit with 220ohm resistors on every LED. The 595s will serialize the data so that less pins are needed.
I finished one digit so far. I have a good amount of the wiring done on the others, but I still have to connect the LEDs to the resistors and perf board.
I wrote a test program for the Arduino and connected the first digit to it.
Here is what the one digit looks like as an ‘8’:
And here is a ‘5’ I backed up so that the LEDs would not mess with the light sensor on this camera. (and no, there is not a 50 hour…)
And a poor attempt at a schematic:
-- Wes, Garland, TX