It has been a VERY long time since I could post an update. August has been very busy for me. I had family visit for a week, was on the road for work two weeks in a row, and was in a wedding the weekend between my two trips. I made some progress before I left, but am just now gettnig to work again after two straight weeks.
I glued up the table top with biscuits. Big thanks to my friend Jeff for letting me borrow his biscuit jointer!
Then, using a circle cutting jig i made, cut the top out on my bandsaw.
I also cut the mortise and tennons for the legs and arms to attach to the post.
I tapered the arms on my jointer.
Cut out the buttons on my bandsaw. These will attach the top to the arms.
Lastly, I measured and drilled the holes for the dowels.
This weekend has been all sanding. Once I get all of the parts sanded to 120 I’ll begin my glue ups and then sand to my final 220. The finish is going to be Golden Oak Danish Oil, and probably bees wax to protect the top.