The legs were a new challenge, especially with hand tools. This process took me 3 days, working a couple hours a day. It was really tough to resist using my miter saw, but I did and learned a lot in the process.
Picked up the 2×4’s for the legs.
Used the same method to cut these to 36” length. The finished length will be 34”.
I planed the mill marks off.
Opps! I somehow cut one leg shorter than rest. Good thing I gave myself some room.
I did the glue zig-zag and clamped all the legs together.
I squared the legs up.
I made a knife wall all the way around with a knife and chisel. This helps guide the saw. Next I planed down to the lines with the Millers Falls no. 9.
This was the most difficult part. It was a good lesson. It took me about half the time to do the last end as it did the first.
Legs are done!