In a previous post, you read that I actually had to remove the mechanism, and have the right arm rewelded so that it was the same height off the base as the left one. Once I got the lift mechanism back in and got the brackets for the tops bolted on, and drilled for fasteners, I test fit the top to see where the inserts needed to go.
Huh. Look at that, says I, the center post of the mechanism hits the top and keeps it off the desk. Just before taking the top off and routing a recess, I marked where I wanted the inserts to go, so I didn’t have to do it again.
So off came the top, and router came out, and a recess got cut so the top would come all the way down.
And then I drilled, inserted, and epoxied those fasteners in.
And then a second assembly and a test run for the mechanism. Yay! It works!
Next I need to put some banding on the skirt parts, cut a 45 on the front edges, and put it together…
-- "woodworker with an asterisk"