Finally with all the trim painted, it was time to start applying it. I had finally decided that it was best to use corner trim and butt the base mold and RB3 to that, rather than try to get a modular desk back together exactly right with mitered corners on the trim. Unprotected sharp edges, not quite square construction, and all that, you see…
So here are pix of everything but the top getting trim put on.
I don’t think you can see it, but the corner moldings on the inside legs of the bases, have a 45 degree cut on the back side to help capture the skirt as it moves up and down. The front edge of the skirt, with a matching 45, is unsupported except for at the top, and so I figured it would be a bit “floppy”. This is my attempt at keeping it in line.
Try to figure out what sequence you’d cut an “L” section molding with a 45 at the inside top of the “L”. That was a bit tricky on my table saw.
-- "woodworker with an asterisk"