It has been some time since i did any work on my chest. I made a few tills to hold most of my tools, but they need refinement and will be covered in a later post. Been storing my tools and working out of the chest since last blog entry though.
The other day i was cleaning up shop before i left for work. Been working on house remodeling the last couple weeks using the dust creating tools frequently, tsaw, mitersaw, router, sander, etc. Lots of dust to clean off, a whole lot of it settling on my tools sitting in chest. I pulled everything out and wiped everything down with jajoba oil and feed and wax.
While doing this i was eyeballing the panel i had made and cut to rough size, at same time as i made the fallfront, leaning against the chest. Finally decided it was time to get these tools covered up. So i went to work on it…
cutting down the ends for breadboards.
Ash breadboards pinned to a poplar panel.
Morticed and installed hinges ( got mine from Lee Valley)
And it’s in place. Had to do some fine tuning to the mortice and loosen/retighten a few screws so it would close properly.
-- "....put that handsaw to work and make it earn its keep. - summerfi" <==< JuStiN >==>=->