Got up fairly early this mornin. After a few cups of coffee and a shower I went out to the shop. I had cut, routed some roundovers, and stained/finished the drawer fronts yesterday.
Was waiting for electrical inspector to stop by and give the thumbs up on my new service connection on the house (he didn’t show up till 4:30pm though said he would be there in the morning) I am all good on that, now I just gotta take the paperwork to utility company and coordinate a switch.
Left bank on, 3/8 overlap on face frame. Shimmed each drawer with a pair of quarters.
Also painted walls yesterday
The left bank was one sheet of supposedly Oak Ply from the blue box. It looked more like Oak than the Birch or Maple when I bought it but when put beside the Oak Ply I used for the center drawers it doesn’t really look the same. It’s ok cause I am using up cutoffs, but wasn’t what I was expecting. Pulls are salvaged from an old set of cabinets I had.
Drawer fronts were stained Minwax Early American, and rattlecan Helmsman Spar Urethane ( needed to use up what I had.) Sprayed on 3 coats lightly sanded between each.
Slapped together a small shelf for top of bench after installing drawer fronts. Top piece is pine from a pallet I salvaged from work some time bank. Dividers are extras I still had front my tablesaw cabinet. Bottom is some 3/8 sheathing I had cut off from something. Watco light walnut stain on it, used up last of what I had.
Cleaned up mess, filled up drawers (not organized yet), waxed everything, and called it a day.
Oh yeah I removed the electric plugs and reinstalled differently, will rewire and do some touch up painting another daY. Will have a subpanel installed soon once I finish moving house electrical to new main panel. No more extension cord and power strips running this shop. Well maybe power strips, but will have permanent plugs and lights.
-- "....put that handsaw to work and make it earn its keep. - summerfi" <==< JuStiN >==>=->