short lil bitty, just more planing and trying to figure up glueup. Mainly just a few pics, didn’t take many, phone weighed too much..
initial setup, i moved some around later and liked it better
I had them clamped together to be able to lift the slab and judge some weight..gonna be nice and heavy.
Wards Master #6 took a 6.5’ full width shaving for me and had to catch the moment :0
I like where i have them aligned at this point, though i still gotta tweek the glue joints for a closer fit.
It sure isn’t pine I am working with which i can pull together for a joint.. this stuff doesn’t move.
still some fine tuning of the boards to be done but I am trying to get as many ready to be put together so i can pick the best boards for each of 2 ~12” slabs
Not sure if you can see but the 3 to the right have a bow to them, which I am not sure if i should worry about straightening up. Any suggestions?
some gaps on the left section
all of these boards equal to a little more than half my benchtop ~6 boards will make up one of two slabs.
My pile of shavings around lunchtime. When i cleaned up this evening i was able to tightly pack all shavings in a basic sized small trashcan. Took it to my brothers so can get some fires started in his pit, neighbor grabbed a garbage bag full as well and took it with him to his campsite..
Something i have failed to mention i found, picked it up for 3 dollars, blade is perfect. Been using it to knock some splinters off a few boards before i threw the plane at them.
I bought it at a small flea market on mother’s day, they had it marked for $6 but since it was mother’s day they had a half off sale..least that’s what they told me. I almost giggled as i handed the bills over.
-- Justin - the tugboat woodworker - " nothing changed me like the first shnick from a well sharpened, decent hand plane"