BONUS POINTS at the end!
Well I finally had success with making the stem, and now things are moving along a little quicker. I guess the third time is the charm! If you’ve been following this blog you’ll know that making the wrap around stem has been my nemesis on this project, and it took me 3 tries to get it the way I wanted it to be. The below pictures are the completed stem (minus some more sanding).
This next one shows the result that I needed for the wrap around stem to work, by protruding above the top front of the cross in order to mount the base of the Lilly to it.
The rest of the pictures show the stem mounted on the cross, front back and side views.
As you can see I already have most of the leaves on and now I have started on the Lilly. I gotta say, it’s starting to look pretty cool. The base in the pics is just temporary, I will make a much nicer base when the cross part is done.
Scroll Saw Forum
Bonus Question! 10 points to anyone who can figure out the other project I am currently working on. You have 20 seconds and the time starts…..NOW! :)
-- Join me at http://www.scrollsawparadise.com/