Unfortunately, the last week or so, it’s been very difficult for me to get into the shop to work on the hummingbird. But now I should be able to get back at it, the only set back now is when the Wenge wood I ordered gets here. I will not be able to finish the hummer with out it, but I can work around it until it arrives. The Wenge is only on the bird, so I will work on the Lilly flowers in the mean time.
I was able to get the bottom leaves done and partial frame together yesterday. I made a design change to the frame. I didn’t really like the way the frame was broken up into four sections and the way the pattern had the grain going all over the place. I decided to keep the grain of the frame uniformed and vertical, which made some of the frame pieces bigger, but that’s ok, fewer pieces to cut. I also changed the thickness of the frame from 3/4” to 1/2” thick Walnut, I don’t want the frame to take away from the picture by it being so bulky.
Here is a picture of the progress so far, I’m hoping that I will get enough done today to warrant another post tomorrow. My big problem still is figuring out exactly what woods to use on the Lilly, I’ve gone through many different possibilities in my head, guess I’m just going to have to trust myself and go for it.
Scroll Saw Forum
-- Join me at http://www.scrollsawparadise.com/