Here are the instructions for making my style of the wine bottle balancer:
1. Cut pieces to size on the table saw: 3”x12” (3/4” stock).
2. Drill angle hole at 45 degrees, 3” from one end on the drill press with a 1 3/8” forstner bit.
3. Cut rounded top on band saw, jig saw, or scroll saw.
4. Round over edges on both sides of the board with a round-over bit on router table (this is optional, but it just makes for a more decorative look and eliminates sharp edges).
5. Cut bottom bevel at 45 degress on mitre saw or table saw.
6. Sand piece as necessary on belt sander or use a sanding block.
7. Apply desired finish.
-- LIVE, LAUGH, CUT WOOD.