My nightstand is finished, finally. This took way to long to complete; the plans were poor and really got me into a funk that was hard to shake. Fortunatly Darrell Peart came through with e-mail support and I was able to get it all together.
Material is African Mahogany and Ebony accents. Finish was from Darrell’s blog using water based dye. It’s darker than I expected, even making a test board in advance. Top coat is Arm-r-seal in gloss, six coats.
Once I got the handle on we decided to try the pull blocks in Ebony. I have them and they will get put on, but I had to move this out of the shop for my sanity. The handles are attached with threaded inserts so swaping the handle will be easy when its done.
This was a very daunting project, but now that it’s finished I’m sure my entryway needs a table in the same style…