I threw caution to the wind and took my new Kutzall to my seat. Most of this is by eye, which is a leap of faith for me, but I think it might turn out ok in the end.
I strongly suggest doing all of this work outside! I moved in later when the sun was on me and now my shop is covered in dust.
I felt I had one “good” side, and one less good, so I made a template of the good side and transferred the shape to the other side. And I saved the template…
Much sanding, and three burns on my finger tips from sanding the curve, has left me here; I wiped on some mineral spirits and I’m thinking things might turn out ok!
Next: More seat shaping.