One of the bad things about using reclaimed lumber is working around all of the imperfections. The piece that I was working with has lots of holes from where it assembled to the back splash, so I decided to plug them with dowels and plugs.
I drilled out the threaded holes with a 7/32” bit, and then tapered the ends of small 1/4” dowel rods to plug them up.
There was a slightly larger hole, so I used my new plug cutters to cut out a 3/8” plug.
After the glue dried I was able to cut the plugs down with a bandsaw, and get them flush with the rest of the stock. So far, so good. Being that I’m planning to paint the underbody, this should work.
-- "Well, the world needs ditch-diggers too..." - Judge Smails