I normally don’t like posting another blog while I’ve got one on the front page, but since it’s been a few hours, I thought I would share the finished product. Yes…it’s all done! While it’s a simple project, it’s still mine and it’s finished. The hanger has been posted in my projects, but a more direct route is here.
I see the flaws, but am still very proud of it. The chamfer was hand done. It was hand sanded as well, and hand painted to match all the trim in the living room (exact same paint actually ;) ). The hooks were lined up by hand, etc. Granted, it was cut with a circular saw, but that’s beside the point. With all this hand work, nothing is perfect.
However, I’ve devised a test for completed projects. I simply ask my wife if she sees anything wrong with it. She tends to be pretty ticky, as was made abundently obvious while I was painting our new place. If she sees nothing wrong, then it’s more than good enough. If she has to study the piece to see it, then it’s acceptable. If it’s glaringly obvious, then it’s not. On this piece, she still can’t see the flaws, so I guess that’s pretty good.
Originally, my wife wanted seven hooks, but spacing prevented me from going there. So, I’ve got two left over hooks I need to find a use for. I’m sure I’ll think of something! ;)
-- "Give me your poor tools, your tired steel, your huddled masses of rust." Yep, I ripped off the Statue of Liberty. That's how I roll!