I recently just participated in the Dovetail Layout Tool Swap where I made a few items for LJ AgentTwitch. On the marking gauge I had made a couple of thumb screws and a few people were asking about them, so this blog will show how they were const...
|View ToddJB's:||home||workshop||projects (2)||blog (8)||reviews (0)||forum topics (29)||buddies (27)||favorites (178)||activity log|
4336 posts in 1099 days
Location: Englewood, CO
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 2 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 8 »
This is an exciting entry for me. It’s exciting because I’m done with my original list of things that had to immediately happen to bring the bench back to a functioning state, and now have moved into “Added Value” items. An...
Now that the bench has most of the structural issues taken care of it’s on to the lipstick. There are plenty of things I could/should do first (deadman, bench dogs, etc) but honestly I couldn’t wait any longer to get some shine on this...
When this bench got to my shop the delaminated top was my biggest concern – I had never done a long glue up. Here is what I was working with: The top split straight down the glue line where there are two positioning dowels that ali...
Okay, the last two things on the “needs immediate attention” list to get this bench initially up and running are: - Solidify rotten spot in tool well- Reglue where the top has split (if you don’t read the rotten section my fee...