LumberJocks

Ash Dinning Table

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by TimberMan updated 1891 days ago 4 parts 4476 reads 18 comments total

Part 1: Table Top

1957 days ago by TimberMan | 5 comments »

I just unclamped my weekend glue up of the main section of the dining table. I went Saturday to pick up the wood and since I don’t have a jointer I had them plane and joint it. I was a bit excited to get started and figured I would take some free time that I had Sunday to get the top gluing. The finished top is going to be 9’x4’ made from 8/4 ash. I spent weeks trying to figure out what wood and what finish I would put on. I finally decided on ash after going through ...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Finished Look

1956 days ago by TimberMan | 6 comments »

I just snapped a few pictures of my test board. It only has 1 coat of chestnut gel stain applied. Probably start testing some sealers this weekend. I have never spayed before so I am now contimplating getting a sprayer. Was looking at the Earlex 5000 as a starter system just because I only have a PC pancake compressor and don’t think that will handle a spray gun. It’s actually a little darken then in the pictures but the pictures pics up the tone right. I want it to be a b...

Read this entry »


Part 3: Legs, Apron, Attached Breadboard Ends

1920 days ago by TimberMan | 2 comments »

It’s been a bit busy at work the past few weeks but was able to get a little time in the shop this past weekend. I got to test out my new JFM-5 mortise and absolutely love it. It made cutting the mortise a piece of cake. After cutting them I cleaned up the bottom of the mortises and then off to the tenons. Since I had to cut tenons on the 8’ long apron I took the opportunity to make a miter sled out of some scrap birch plywood and MDF that I had on hand. I also, finally, sp...

Read this entry »


Part 4: Just about done!

1891 days ago by TimberMan | 5 comments »

Well I got lucky with two weekends in a row with warm weather. This gave me several opportunities to get some coats of finish on the table. I ended up bringing in the base and assembling that this past Monday. I did not glue the mortise and tenons due to the size of the table I want to have the ability to take this apart if needed. I fabricated some aluminum braces to hold the apron to the legs. I also made some wooden braces to keep them square. I wanted to give it a few days to cure ...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase