LumberJocks

Blockfront dresser7

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by TimF posted 11-09-2009 12:30 AM 707 reads 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch

There is one last step to do to the blades before I can do the glue up. A miter has to be cut on each end so the beaded molding can fit in. I use a scrap piece cut on a 45 angle

! 52 !

The best way I found to do this is cut across the grain with a chisel using the mitered block as a guide to get something that looks like this. By cutting across the grain tear out is minimized. Rather than just hacking down with the chisel laying on the guide.

! 35!

I did use an ogee bit for the lower trim. After it was clean-up and waste removed for the miter this is what it looked like right before glue up

! 34 !

The side molding covered up the dove tails and I got a pretty good fit. For the molding I used hide glue rather than brown elmers. Its much easier to clean up if some leaks out.

! 57 !

The next step is the feet. I’m going to do ogee bracket feet for this chest. Four of them aren’t that hard to make. The front ones can be a bit of a problem though



1 comment so far

View a1Jim's profile

a1Jim

112942 posts in 2331 days


#1 posted 11-09-2009 12:34 AM

Super blog look forward to more progress.

-- http://artisticwoodstudio.com Custom furniture

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase