LumberJocks

Blockfront dresser6

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by TimF posted 10-13-2009 09:05 PM 792 reads 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch

Well I got the blades all cleaned up. Sorry no macro setting on my camera. And this photo is a little hard to see the difference between the two. Where the outie makes the transition the rabbeting bit leaves a rounded contour.

! Photobucket !

The next step is getting the bottom molding made. I have to cut out two pockets for the sides to fit in the bottom board. I notched the bottom of the side for this purpose. The molding will cover the dove tail ends

! 32!

Laying out the profile for the bottom molding is pretty easy. I used a router bit bearing. It was a little smaller than I wanted so I inverted the bottom blade and ran the bearing around the bead. There is no bead on the bottom of this blade.

! 30 !

I will have to clean up two lines. Where the profile makes the transition between the innie and outie

! Photobucket !

I will probly use and ogee bit for the profile. But that is going to be in two weeks. I’m off to the Philippines for 10 days



1 comment so far

View a1Jim's profile

a1Jim

112083 posts in 2230 days


#1 posted 10-14-2009 03:39 AM

Enjoy

-- http://artisticwoodstudio.com Custom furniture

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase