LumberJocks

Blockfront dresser4

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by TimF posted 1792 days ago 973 reads 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch

Hello again all. I was able to actually get some work done on the dresser. In my last post I had a problem with the blades being even. The problem was easy to correct. I just switch the front and back. I was able to do this because I hadn’t cut the rabbet in the back part of the sides. I did cut some small pieces to fill in the mistake. And this is how it looks now.

! 016 !

Then cut the mortises for the drawer supports

! 015 !

The next step was easy. Make a half template for the blades. For the innie and outie curves I just used a 7/20 gouge and that worked out fine. I just rough sawed out the blade then I used files to clean and smooth it.

! 20!

Then when I was satisfied it was just a matter of clamping the finished blade to the others after they were rough sawn and using the smallest diameter pattern bit I have to finish the others. In some of the radius’s I went from rightt o left with the router to prevent tear out

! 21 !

I started with the bottom blade. The reason for this might show up in the picture. Using the pattern cutting bit leaves a mark on the wood and that might be a problem when I cut the bead

! 22 !

Tomorrow I will do the beading and make the template for the drawer fronts



1 comment so far

View a1Jim's profile

a1Jim

112020 posts in 2212 days


#1 posted 1792 days ago

Looking good look forward to the next part of your blog.

-- http://artisticwoodstudio.com Custom furniture

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase