LumberJocks

Blockfront dresser2

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by TimF posted 1795 days ago 1049 reads 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Well despite the fact that there was football on today I actually made a little more progress on the dresser. I got the blades/drawer dividers in

Photobucket

I cut the dove tails in the sides by hand then used the Liegh jig on the blades. Then it was just a matter of making a notch in the dovetails on the table saw

Photobucket

I know the dove tails look a little bit too short but I got this idea from an exploded view from American Furniture of the 18th Century page 268

Photobucket

In this last photo you will notice the blades are sticking out a lot. I need that material for the curves and beading. Also the sides haven’t been cut to the correct height and there is no work being done on the back of the sides. I want to make sure that I get the front right then I work on the rest of it. Hey I might mess up and at least now I can salvage something.



2 comments so far

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

13337 posts in 2298 days


#1 posted 1795 days ago

Nice progress!

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View woodbutcher's profile

woodbutcher

592 posts in 2791 days


#2 posted 1795 days ago

TimF,
TY for taking time away from the football games to give us this blog. Now I gotta go back and find the first one so, I’ll know how we got here. I hope you’ll continue, as I’m very intereste4d in following this build. Ty again.

Sincerely,
Ken McGinnis

-- woodbutcher north carolina

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase