LumberJocks

Blockfront dresser 1

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by TimF posted 09-19-2009 07:50 PM 1141 reads 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch

I finally got started on the Townsend dresser. First I have to say that I don’t know the actual mesurements for this project and I’ve never actually seen one in person. I did have someone give me approximate measurements a few years ago but I lost those too. So I’m working from a couple a photos in some books I have.
After I planed and edge glued some material the first step was cutting thru dove tails on the sides and bottom boards. I had to remove some materal from the tails on the bottom board so the molding will hide it. I did these dove tails with the Leigh jig

! Block front dresser!

The next step was laying out for the drawer blades. Since I don’t know the exact mesurement I had to guess. The top drawer opening is 5 1/2, then 4 7/8, 5 3/8, and the bottom drawer is 5 7/8

!Blockfront dresser3

The next step is cutting a rabbet for the bead molding to go into. The rabbet has to be the depth of the beaded molding. The last step is cutting the pockets for the blades and dove tails to go in. I use a router to remove most of the material than a chisel to clean up the rest. I’ll cut the dove tails by hand
! !Blockfront dresser5



1 comment so far

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

13347 posts in 3137 days


#1 posted 09-19-2009 08:48 PM

I cant see the pictures, sounds you got a lot going on.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com