Hello all and happy holidays. I got the feet done for the dresser and got a good start on the drawer fronts and shells. Right now I’m working on the aprons that go between the feet. But here’s a few photos ! ! ! ! ! !
|View TimF's:||home||workshop||projects (8)||blog (10)||reviews (0)||forum topics (3)||buddies (0)||favorites (0)||activity log|
None so far
31 posts in 2570 days
Location: Hollywood, Fl
Not much to say really. I've been playing around with the wood working for about twenty years as a hobby and I sell some pieces sometimes.
Latest Activity | view all »
|started topic||Food safe finishes||01-21-2012 08:58 PM|
|started topic||White oak finishing||03-19-2010 02:47 AM|
|replied on||what is causing tapered cuts on table saw?||03-19-2010 02:37 AM|
|started topic||Finishing ideas||01-02-2010 04:42 AM|
|commented on||Shaker Night Stand #6: Pretty please ... with a glue-up on top?||12-30-2009 03:52 AM|
|replied on||post and panel chest - tenon thickness advise||12-28-2009 04:24 AM|
|added blog entry||Blockfront dresser8||12-28-2009 04:21 AM|
|added blog entry||Blockfront dresser7 ogee feet 2||11-15-2009 10:32 PM|
|added blog entry||Blockfront dresser7 ogee feet||11-14-2009 11:07 PM|
|added blog entry||Blockfront dresser7||11-09-2009 12:30 AM|
|added blog entry||Blockfront dresser6||10-13-2009 09:05 PM|
|added blog entry||Blockfront dresser5||10-11-2009 12:05 AM|
|added blog entry||Blockfront dresser4||10-04-2009 03:10 AM|
|added blog entry||Blcokfront dresser||09-22-2009 01:56 AM|
|added blog entry||Blockfront dresser2||09-21-2009 12:12 AM|
Latest Projects | view all 8 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 10 »
One of the hardest parts of this dresser, for me, is the front feet. The first dresser I made, I glued a 3/4” backer piece to the foot so I had the thickness I needed. I was given a tip by Alan Breed that he had seen ogee feet mitered at les...
I need four ogee bracket feet for the sides. They are pretty esay to make on the table saw. I start with two blanks. One for righties and one for lefties. Then I layout the profile of the curves on the end of each board. At this step I only care a...
There is one last step to do to the blades before I can do the glue up. A miter has to be cut on each end so the beaded molding can fit in. I use a scrap piece cut on a 45 angle ! ! The best way I found to do this is cut across the grain w...
Well I got the blades all cleaned up. Sorry no macro setting on my camera. And this photo is a little hard to see the difference between the two. Where the outie makes the transition the rabbeting bit leaves a rounded contour. ! ! The next...