LumberJocks

Workshop Make-Over

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by Tony updated 1920 days ago 6 parts 22588 reads 45 comments total

Part 1: Workbench Update

2604 days ago by Tony | 12 comments »

I have some spare time between projects, so I have decided to make some long-needed changes to the workshop. This short series will log the events as they have and as they happen. The first thing that needed to be done, which I started some time at the beginning of May, was to update the work bench. The drawer system I am still not happy with for the following reasons. 1. When working at the bench, I tend to leave the drawer open partially (bad habit) and the drawers tend to fill w...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Current Shop Layout

2604 days ago by Tony | 7 comments »

I forgot to show the current layout of the shop in the first Blog,, without this information the rest will not make much sense. So as you will see I do not have a good space for assemble of projects, so this update is all about maximising the limited space that I have. Episode 3 will now contain the Table saw upgrade.

Read this entry »


Part 3: Table Saw update: Pt 1

2604 days ago by Tony | 11 comments »

I am very happy with my DELTA – 36-L3B Left-tilt UNISAW – I changed the Motor last year (was a 220 V 60Hz, 3 HP) to a 3 phase, 50Hz, 400V, 4HP Motor, this is documented on my website if you are interested (http://www.poydatjatuolit.fi/index_files/Page1402.htm ). What I was not happy with was the out-feed table and the Table to the Right of the Saw. Both of these products were Delta, but over the last 3 years they have become twisted and warped, to such a point that it was becoming dan...

Read this entry »


Part 4: Outfeed Table

2601 days ago by Tony | 4 comments »

It has taken me a little longer than anticipated, isn’t always the way! Anyhow here are the layout drawings and the cutting list for the Out-feed table. The out feed table is was not a problem to build; it was a lot smaller than the other T-Box and I used the first T-Box as the base for the building the out-feed table. I have fitted both of the tables together, levelled them and they have got there first coat of Finnish on them (Photographs next time). I have added a sketch of the t...

Read this entry »


Part 5: Final Configuration

2600 days ago by Tony | 7 comments »

So the Update in now 85% finished and I think it was worth it. Time will tell, I have to get used to the workbench and the tools being in the new location. Here are a couple of photographs of the work space T-Boxes, the Unisaw and the workbench. Just need a coat of wax tomorrow morning and is ready to go. The longest and hardest job – was cutting the extended tracks and fitting the aluminium inserts in the out-feed table. They are perfectly aligned and I get NO binding at all...

Read this entry »


Part 6: Lumber storage - a new home

1920 days ago by Tony | 4 comments »

I am updating the workshop again – I need more space, not just for my self, but I now have another person working with me. This is what the workshop looked like at Christmas 2008. I did some changes in March this year, like moving the dust collection and rearranging the layout in the main part of the workshop, which has already paid benefits, but I cannot get a second work bench into the space. I came up with this proposal, but when the planning guy came, wanted ful...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase