Well, I spent about 3 hours yesterday resawing that Tigerwood, and I’m pretty happy with the results. If I had a planer or thickness sander, I would have cut the wood a 1/16” thicker and then planed it, but I don’t have that option, so I used an hand sander to take down the rough spots and ridges caused by the inevitable blade wobble.
Today’s plan is to route the edges with the locking 45 degree miter bit, and see how it will all snap together. After that, it’s just cutting the pieces to size, and then doing the inlay work. I hope to get a good chunk of it done today.
I also took pics of the resawing setup and my ‘shop’ in the garage. Oh and the sawdust. Dear lord, the sawdust. So much sawdust!
-- I'm just learning how to cut the stuff with some other stuff...