So the wiring adventure is mostly done. I’ve pulled two armoured 12-2 cables out to the garage, have installed the boxes and sealed everything up with duct seal to replace the vapour barrier and firewall.
Let me tell you, grabbing your drill, a large bit, and blindly drilling into an exterior wall is not my idea of fun. I took it slow, measured everything out as best as I could, and came in within a few inches of where I expected. I consider that a success. I just need the inspection to be done and then I will be uncrating my saw and firing it up. This weekend, hopefully!
In the meantime I am still awaiting news on my jointer which I took back to the dealer last week. They have had it for almost five days and if they haven’t squared it up yet, I’m just going to assume that they can’t and ask for my money back. What a disappointment!
-- I'm just learning how to cut the stuff with some other stuff...