Okay, yeah, I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I still don’t know how I screwed this one up.
Anyhow, the Jointer is assembled and dialled in. Looks pretty good right now and I know I’ll get a lot of good use out of it when I start making end-grain boards for Xmas this year. However, lacking a table saw at the moment, I wanted to work with the few pieces I did manage to cut before returning my Ridgid saw. They were not overly square, but this is for shop furniture so no big deal.
I was getting ready to assemble the pieces I had cut for my dust collector, and thought this would be great timing to get some practice in with my Dowelmax that I purchase to use for face frames and carcass construction. Well, I’d done a few test joints a while ago, but I let my familiarity get the better of me. I did the first batch of drilling just fine, and when I went to do the second, I just quickly eyeballed what I thought was the right faces. And I promptly screwed up.
Basically, the few pieces I had cut are now all drilled out completely incorrectly, and they are no longer able to be assembled.
-- I'm just learning how to cut the stuff with some other stuff...