So it’s been a few years since my last blog post. Since then I’ve gained a son, but lost a lot of free time.
This year, though, it’s time to get back to it. I have plans to built up my garage shop in anticipation of heating/cooling and insulating it next year. My wife has given the official ‘okay’ to losing the garage so long as I put up a shed in the back yard for lawn and garden supplies, Christmas decoration storage, etc.
So, I’ve been collecting equipment to help me build some cabinetry in the garage, and some new gear for my own use including:
- Triton 3/14HP Router
- Jessem phenolic tabletop, insert plate, Mast-R-Fence and stop blocks/featherboards
- DeWalt 735 planer with in/outfeed tables
- 10 48” Irwin Parallel Bar Clamps and 10 24” Irwin Parallel Bar Clamps
Lots of other goodies as well, with plans to purchase a bandsaw and jointer this year or next if I can find a good deal on a used machine. I am still going to work with my Ridgid TS2410LS although I picked up some CMT blades for it.
My build plans for the year are:
- Clamp and tool storage station
- Router table for the Triton
- Mobile base for the planer
- Shop cabinets and mitre saw station
Assuming I can get all this done, my wife requires a sewing cabinet for her assorted sewing machinery, and I’d like to make some cutting boards for Christmas gifts this year. Next year it’s insulation, heat, and a year-round shop!
It’s a tall order for a weekend woodworker with two young kids, but I think I’m up to the task!
-- I'm just learning how to cut the stuff with some other stuff...