I’ll start out by telling you I now own Jorge’s mando. With glue on the top and the rim, I dropped the top. It landed glue side down and had a long crack. So it is starting it’s life with a repair. I had to tap tune the cleats, the middle was a persistent dead spot till I got it right. Jorge is quite happy to make another top and back.
I’m using the white pattern, the brown one is plan B if I need it. The calligraphy looking ones are more viloln like with almost no short grain to break off. I saw this pattern on a viola.
I cut the ff’s after the top is glued to the rim because it is so fragile. The inside is scored and then bored from the top. I like to have the ends very small like a violin. This is harder to open up but is a look I really like. The middle is opened then carved to the line, then filed.
hand held hacksaw blade and coping blade to open the ends.
-- Mama calls me Texcaster but my real name is Mr. Earl.