This has been a long haul and a great learning experience packed with lots of firsts for me. First time (and probably last) with this style of hinges. Too much hassle, I just need to plan better and get the right hinges. First mortised mech...
|View TerryDowning's:||home||workshop||projects (21)||blog (24)||reviews (0)||forum topics (1)||buddies (22)||favorites (55)||activity log|
1024 posts in 861 days
Location: Newhall, CA
Software Engineer by Day, Woodworker the rest of the time.
-- - Terry
Latest Activity | view all »
|commented on||Toy Handplane for Childs Toolbox||12-06-2014 01:35 AM|
|commented on||A Galoot Goes Through Stages...||11-24-2014 09:31 PM|
|commented on||Making an Earring Rack #2: The Frame||11-04-2014 05:14 PM|
|commented on||Chalk Board & Key Holder||10-31-2014 03:17 PM|
|commented on||The New Shop #1: A New Shop and a New Mantra||10-28-2014 08:35 PM|
|commented on||Workbench complete (Finally)||10-28-2014 05:24 PM|
|replied on||Work bench smack down||10-27-2014 11:49 PM|
|replied on||Work bench smack down||10-27-2014 11:47 PM|
|commented on||Workbench complete (Finally)||10-27-2014 08:15 PM|
|commented on||Workbench complete (Finally)||10-27-2014 08:11 PM|
|replied on||Work bench smack down||10-27-2014 07:39 PM|
|commented on||Workbench complete (Finally)||10-27-2014 07:38 PM|
|commented on||Walnut & Poplar Box with Copper - all reclaimed / salvaged materials||10-27-2014 07:32 PM|
|replied on||Work bench smack down||10-27-2014 05:25 PM|
|added project||Workbench complete (Finally)||10-27-2014 05:15 PM|
Latest Projects | view all 21 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 24 »
Let me start with a rant. Specialty woodworking stores are quite a drive for me so I don’t get to go very often. I chose to go to Woodcarft because it’s a more enjoyable drive. Upon arriving I found out that the supply of small box ...
With all of the outer surface cleaned up, it’s time to separate the top from the bottom. On my prototype box I used only a handsaw to separate the top from the bottom. My saws are not sharp or true enough and I had to trim way too much af...
Previously I completed the glue up. After the glue cured, I removed the clamps and got started cleaning everything up. I trimmed off the excess material on the pins using my 60 1/2 LA Block Plane which worked great. I did notice a small c...
In the last segment I explained a bit more about the process for creating the Mitered Dovetails. Using that process I continued to refine the fit by repeated dry fittings. A couple of words on dry fitting and dovetails. The more you fit t...