QUESTION: HOW VERSATILE IS A LARGE BLANKET CHEST OR BOX?
15 Century Chest above
Antique Pennsylvania Chest above
Here are my thoughts on the simple, large, well built CHEST, dovetailed nicely or fastened with glue and screws. By the way, the items shown here I would not dare call “simple” as the craftsmen have certainly taken time and care and worked hard and meticulously for which I have much respect.
1. The Toy Box
2. The Family Blanket Chest
3. The Coffee Table
4. The Hunters Lockable Ammo/optics Chest
5. The Football Tailgating supply chest
6. THE TOOL CHEST (BOX) OF COURSE
7. Modularity, Modification, Simple Shape Attractiveness
8. The Trim Options are limitless (moldings etc)
9. Can I say “Custom Paint” modern or antique
10. Stain, Stain, Stain,
A cabinet maker’s chest and tools above
An ammunition chest above
A carved chest by Peter Fallonsbee
There are just a few.
My argument for the simple historically reliable large Blanket Chest
Hey…Before the “chest of drawers” saw the light of day, the coffer/”chest” was historically here a few hundred years earlier, right.
Well, have fun and chime in as you feel the need!
-- "So many projects...so little time..." Psalm 23