This week, I completed the sketching and carving out of my top piece. I decided to go with carving deer antlers into the center of the piece. I am very pleased at how it looks, and I’m glad I took my time on the bandsaw. Since the antlers made the wood thin, I decided to glue an additional piece to the bottom, with a piece of walnut wedged in the middle. Unfortunately, I was unable to plane the walnut to the correct length because I blew up the planer. I couldn’t express my pity and sorrow, but at least the motor was in need of being replaced anyway. I hope to find an alternate way of getting the walnut piece to the correct width, since it won’t be another 2 weeks til the new planer gets here. I will keep you all posted next week and I will upload pictures as well.