I have had a request to make five additional small cabinets like I made for my first commission. I thought I would try and take progress photos as I go. I am truly a beginner so if you see things that I can do to improve the process, please let me know. Sadly, you may have to explain these improvements in detail, but lets cross that bridge when we get there. :)
Hopefully, the next five will also look like this.
I am building these five from the scraps from the first job. I purchased almost 1500 bd ft of 4/4 Poplar and still have a bit of it left. All of the components are 1/2” thick so I am able to take the cupped, twisted, or bowed stock and mill it down to decent 1/2” stock.
Sadly, I no longer have any stock that is over 7” wide so I have to make the wide boards from multiple pieces. This is where I am at currently. As I go to bed tonight, I have jointed a flat face and one flat side. I cut three buscuit slots per board and glued the boards together. Tomorrow I will take pictures of my progress.
Please let me know what you think.
-- "Measure Twice, Cut Once" --- If only I could remember this!